Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Location Change during PERM application proces

Hi Experts,

My company had filed the PERM application with DOL Electronically, after a great hustle. Its been 2 months now.

I work full time with the Employer directly. Now, I want to change my work location (Regular In-person at Work site) to WFH (Work From Home). When I raise the topic with my employer about this request, they are raising concerns that, this will void the previously completed steps (Step 1: Formulating Job duties and requirements, Step 2: PWD from the DOL) and company will have to start the green card process ALL OVER AGAIN. I really can't afford this at this point because I'm close to maxi-out on H1B stay (Less than a year to Oct 2022).

My questions are,
    1. Since, my Job duties or responsibilities haven't changed other than the Job location (requesting), does it really make the company to restart the whole process.
    2. What could be my other options other than continue without change in Work location - At this point, I'm thinking of continue going to office until I got my I-140 done, with that being said that the Job location change will trigger the whole process to restart.
    3. If there isn't much to adjust the job location at this point, is there a possibility in future to make the changes once the I-140 is done i.e., continue with the same company to work remotely.
    I truly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Hi,
    Here is my response.
    Since, my Job duties or responsibilities haven't changed other than the Job location (requesting), does it really make the company to restart the whole process.
    Answer: Please note, GC is for future Employment. If your location change is temporary no issues. If that is permanent then you will surely have to run another PERM with updated work location.
    What could be my other options other than continue without change in Work location - At this point, I'm thinking of continue going to office until I got my I-140 done, with that being said that the Job location change will trigger the whole process to restart.
    Answer: As I mentioned already, upon GC Approval, if you are not going to work on the location listed in the PERM then it will create a problem. Please retain staying in the same location listed in the PERM or consider new PERM.
    If there isn't much to adjust the job location at this point, is there a possibility in future to make the changes once the I-140 is done i.e., continue with the same company to work remotely.
    Answer: Yes. That is possible. Or you may confirm with Employer that, In future you can get employment in the same location listed in the PERM.
    Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X