Laid-off while PERM is pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laid-off while PERM is pending

Hi, I am working for company A , they filed my PERM in March'22 (waiting for approval), I am maxing out (6 years)in Feb'23. Recently, my Company had group lay-offs including me & gave me 60 days notice.

Now what happens to my pending PERM?? Do they revoke PERM immediately or they will wait for that 60 days notice??
    I am expecting I will get approval of PERM within this notice period . And if it gets approved, then can i convince my current employer to file I-140 in premium processing, so that i can use that approval notice with my (future) employer B to extend my visa​.

Thanks for any guidance!

Your employer filing an I-140 means that they promise to employ you in the position the petition is for. I don't think your employer will want to petition for you in this situation.
    The above is my personal opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Your employer may withdraw the perm whenever they want through their lawyer. Ask to them what is going to happen to that process. I am doing the PERM as well and if I understood correctly is tight to your current role where the company is petitioning for a permanent stay. How can you use it for another company? I know you may change the company only when I-485 is pending.

Comment

mmbs01 how is it going your PERM?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X