Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Last Name in Passport for Schengen visa

Hi,
    I am from India and currently in UK on a Work Permit. I am planning a trip to France and hence applying for a Schengen visa. In my Indian Passort i do not have a Surname (Last Name). The Surname field in the visa application is mandatory. I am not sure what to put here now, as without the surname the application still shows as pending.
    I read through some of the other posts and found this one for US DS-160.

According to this i will have to put FNU as my First Name and Surname should be as given in my Passport under "Given Names". I was wondering whether the same applies to a Schengen visa too?
    Anyone with an idea will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Same problem- any update?

Originally posted by mhd_zabi View Post
    Hi,
    I am from India and currently in UK on a Work Permit. I am planning a trip to France and hence applying for a Schengen visa. In my Indian Passort i do not have a Surname (Last Name). The Surname field in the visa application is mandatory. I am not sure what to put here now, as without the surname the application still shows as pending.

According to this i will have to put FNU as my First Name and Surname should be as given in my Passport under "Given Names". I was wondering whether the same applies to a Schengen visa too?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am planning to go to Germany on exchange program, and hence applied, and received my Schengen visa sticker on passport today.

However, due to the same discrepancy, my name has been printed twice in the visa sticker. (First Name Last Name, First Name Last Name)

Will it be an issue? I've to leave in 15 days and visa arrived today. (if you could tell me what happened in your case- it'd be great!)

Comment

No Last Name in Passport for Schengen visa-any updates on dis please...

No Last Name in Passport of India, and now hve to apply for Schengen visa-any updates on this please...

I am from India and applying for a Schengen visa. In my Indian Passort i do not have a Surname (Last Name). The Surname field in the visa application is mandatory. I am not sure what to put here now, as without the surname the application still shows as pending.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X