Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to apply schengen visa from USA with B1/B2 visa

Hi there,

Please help me with this. I am Indian Passport holder with a business B1 visa stamp. I am here in the USA for a month and on my return back to home I want to visit germany with a short term schengen visa. This visit is very important for me.

My question is How do I apply for schengen visa from USA while I am here with a B1 visa? Is it possible for me to get a schengen visa? My worry is that I can only apply visa from India which I cannot do, can I visit the german embassy here and apply for the visa?

Anybody who has knowledge on this please help me with this. Thanks in advance. Look forward to hear an answer to my query. If my question is not clear do let me know, will elaborate accordingly.

Warm regards.

Thanks but doesn't solve my issue

Thanks for the link shine! But it only gives information on applying B1/B2 visa whereas I need to apply schengen visa from USA, I already have a B1 visa. Let me know if you can clarify :/

Thanks,
    Jazeel

Comment

I'm under the same situation. Did you get the answer?

Comment

Chaitanya

Hi,
        I am also looking for a similar solution. Did you get an answer?

Comment

Any updates

Guys any updates on your situation? I am looking for the same. Applying for schengen visa while in US on B1 visa

Comment

How to apply schengen visa from USA with B1/B2 visa

Originally posted by Jazeel View Post
            Hi there,

Please help me with this. I am Indian Passport holder with a business B1 visa stamp. I am here in the USA for a month and on my return back to home I want to visit germany with a short term schengen visa. This visit is very important for me.

My question is How do I apply for schengen visa from USA while I am here with a B1 visa? Is it possible for me to get a schengen visa? My worry is that I can only apply visa from India which I cannot do, can I visit the german embassy here and apply for the visa?

Anybody who has knowledge on this please help me with this. Thanks in advance. Look forward to hear an answer to my query. If my question is not clear do let me know, will elaborate accordingly.

Warm regards.

You would go to the nearest German consulate to you here in the U.S. and apply. I am not sure you have enough time to get an approval as I have read that it can take up to an average of 14-21 days. However, having a current B1/B2 here in the U.S. might help.

Good Luck to you,

Trinity71

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is to be used strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You Cannot apply for Schengen visa from USA while you are on B1/B2 visa

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
              You would go to the nearest German consulate to you here in the U.S. and apply. I am not sure you have enough time to get an approval as I have read that it can take up to an average of 14-21 days. However, having a current B1/B2 here in the U.S. might help.

Good Luck to you,

Trinity71

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is to be used strictly at your own risk.
              This will not work. Basically to answer the original question, "Can I get Schengen Visa from any of Schengen country(in this case Germany) consulate in USA while I am in US with B1/B2 visa?". Answer to this question is "NO". You cannot get Schengen visa from any of Schengen country consulates in USA while you are in B1/B2 visa. Reason they say is you have to go back to your origin country(India) and apply for Schengen visa from Origin country. You are not allowed to travel to any other country while you are on B1/B2 visa.

I have applied for Schengen visa for my Mother-in-law, who is on visitor visa(B2), to go to Netherlands to visit her Son and then go back to India after a while. We visited to Netherlands embassy at San Francisco today(06/23/2017) with all the documents required. But they said, she is not allowed to go to another country while she is on B2 visa. She has to go back to origin country(India) and apply for Schengen visa from India. We faced this problem and now we know the answer.

Hope this helps others... So please plan accordingly.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X