Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schengen visa with 20-year validity passport

Hi,

I was not allowed to apply for a Schengen visa because I had a 20-year valid passport (they only accept passports with 10 year validity). I approached the Swiss embassy and they said I had to get a new passport. My passport still has 2 years before it expires. Indian government wont let me apply for reissue of passport if it is still valid for more than one year. Can anyone suggest how to break out of this deadlock situation? I need to travel to a Schengen country next month.

Thanks,
    Radha

Originally posted by Radhakrishnan Mandayam View Post
    Hi,

I was not allowed to apply for a Schengen visa because I had a 20-year valid passport (they only accept passports with 10 year validity). I approached the Swiss embassy and they said I had to get a new passport. My passport still has 2 years before it expires. Indian government wont let me apply for reissue of passport if it is still valid for more than one year. Can anyone suggest how to break out of this deadlock situation? I need to travel to a Schengen country next month.

Thanks,
    Radha
    What if your passport were to become "accidentally" damage so that it had to be replaced?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X