Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of Trip - Effect on Schengen Visa

Hi guys,
    I am Lebanese and was issued a Schengen Visa by the French embassy 2 years ago, a couple months before the spread of COVID-19.

I had a trip planned to Paris but obviously had to cancel it for the above reasons.
    This is not the first time I am issued a Schengen visa from France and other Schengen countries.

My current visa expires end of September and I don't have any foreseen trip to France before then. I have two questions:

1- If I don't use the visa and it expires, could that affect my application process for a new visa if I want to reapply in 2 months?

2- If I want to visit Cyprus with the current unused visa, will that constitute a problem - as I am using the French-issued visa to enter Cyprus and not France.

Thanks

1. No, it won’t adversely affect your application as you did not violate the terms of the visa
    2. No. Entry countries can change. In your case, the intent was to visit France 2 yrs ago after visa usual, but now, want to visit Cyrus after almost 2 yrs. also, schengen visa can be issued by any member state and valid for travel to all member states….. if you had a French national visa , then you can only enter France
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X