Applied for a tourist visa instead of a business visa to Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applied for a tourist visa instead of a business visa to Iceland

Hey everyone! I made the error of applying for a tourist visa for a company offsite in Iceland a few days ago. I recently learned that the activities we're doing involve work and teambuilding, which means I probably would have needed a business visa instead. I can't get my application back, and when I called VFS Canada they said I just had to explain my situation at the airport in Iceland and I shouldn't have any issues. I have a letter explaining what my activities in Iceland will be and it mentions business purposes.

What do you guys think? Is there a risk of being denied entry because my visa is a tourist visa instead of business visa?

Never had such an issue but if you are denied entry by US Immigration, the airline is responsible to fly you back to your country of origin - or at least wherever your arriving flight came from. Work permits and business visas both grant foreign nationals entry into a foreign country to conduct business activities but if you are caught with a tourist visa then they might take steps against you and may ban you from traveling.

business entity search
    Last edited by alexpor; 03-29-2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X