• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

What field office?

Comment

Originally posted by Herewecome View Post
      Firstly, i want to say a big thank you for all of the contributors of this forum.

Here?s my timeline and story:

Met my husband mid 2016 and dated for a year. He proposed on his birthday last year and we had to prepare for our November wedding. It was a small wedding at Four Seasons Hotel. Im out of status for 4 years.

January 28th, sent packet to USCIS
      January 29th, USCIS received the documents / PD
      February 6th, NOAs on the receipt
      February 16th, Biometric schedule received
      February 28th, Biometrics done
      March 26th, i485 not accessible already. Never raised an SR as I read on this forum that some glitch OR after they talked to an L2 officer, they are advised that its already in line for interview. Other cases can still be accessed with the same status - ?case received?
      April 7th, Letter received for initial interview for May 7th. Notice date is April 2nd.

Interview Documents:
      I used the Table of Contents - for our reference and easy access during the interview. THANK YOU to UScitizenFilingforspouse for this!

We brought 2 13 tab folders - all originals is with my husbands folder, i have all the copies. On this way, IO can tell that my petitioner (husband) is on top of this.

Exhibit 1 ? Proof of Petitioner?s US Citizenship and Identity
      * ? Original and Copy of Birth Certificate
      * ? Original and Copy of US Citizen Passport Book
      * ? Original and Copy of US Citizen Passport Card
      * ? Original and Copy of Drivers License

Exhibit 2 ? Proof of Petitioner?s Income
      * ? Copy of 2017 W2
      * ? Copy of 3 Months Pay Stubs

Exhibit 3 ? Proof of Spouse Beneficiary Identity
      * ? Original and Copy of Birth Certificate
      * ? Original and Copy of Passport Books
      * ? Original and Copy of US Visa

Exhibit 4 ? Proof of Family Relationship Between Petitioner & Spouse Beneficiary
      * ? Original and Copy of Marriage Certificate

Exhibit 5 ? Proof of Cohabitation
      * Copy of Joint Bank Account
      * Copy of Joint Credit Cards
      * Retirements, IRA and Brokerage
      * Home Insurance
      * Copy of Cable Bill
      * Copy of ATT Bill
      * Copy CostCo Membership
      * Copy of Health and Life Insurance (Card)
      * Copy of Car Insurance with change in marital status (spouse beneficiary cannot be added due to the absence of SSN)

Exhibit 6 ? Proof of Spouse Beneficiary physical presence
      * ? Correspondence of Contractor on our home renovation and progress
      * ? Correspondence of the Home Improvement ? plantation shutters
      * ? Correspondence of the Home Improvement ? Walk In closet shelving

Exhibit 7 ? Proof of Travels
      ? Copy of Plane Tickets

Exhibit 8 ? Receipts and Cards
      Exhibit 9 ? 2 Photo Albums - NOTE: I selected 20 pictures and photocopy it. Originals in an envelope in case they need it.

We also prepared a KEY DATES document (personal use only) for us to use during our review before the interview date. - Leave this at home!!!

Interview:

Our interview was scheduled for May 7 at 9:30am. We go there 30 mins before. We checked in and got our number. After 40 mins of waiting (9:40am), IO called our number!

1. It was only a 7-8 mins form-based interview and the rest wr like conversation. It was 15-20 mins total
      2. IO asked for our IDs. Husband handed them the original while i gave the copies. She complimented the organized folder
      3. IO asked my husbands full name, address, his birthday, spouse birthday, when we first meet, official first date and marriage date
      4. IO asked who proposed. My husband answered it and she was smiling
      5. IO asked for my full name, address and birthday.
      6. IO asked when was the last time i entered the US. I answered the date.
      7. IO asked questions of 15 with the YES/NO
      8. She asked for additional documents may we want to add. We handed a pile and she?s happy with pictures as it is easy for them and
      9. She asked for our interests, then it was a topic that she also likes, so it was a conversation mostly
      10. She said, she approved it by end of the day and i should expect the card in 2 weeks or maybe less.
      11. She said i will be receiving an approval letter saying ?Welcome to the United States? and she also told my husband will be receiving an approval mail, too.
      12. I asked for my EAD. She said its a separate department but whenever i will received a denial on the EAD, she said just ignore it as the green card is more important. She said if i happen to received it, just punched it as that card is no longer needed.

And that was it! To God Be The GLORY! We can now breathe and relax and planning for our honeymoon in Europe come October!
      Helpful and useful a lot for me.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X