Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to become a French University Professor in the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to become a French University Professor in the US?

Hi everyone,
    I am a 16 years old French student. I come on this forum because I need some advice for my school guidance.
    My dream career would be to teach the French language in an American university. I think this job could really please me, I’d love to share the culture and the language of my country with people interested in. I had always been very attracted by the US and I’d like to live there later.

For my studies I’m nowadays in a grade called here “première ES européenne”:
    - Première = 11th grade in the US
    - ES (Economique et sociale) = basically that stands for economy and sociology (the main themes of my section)
    - Européenne = that means that I have more English lessons than the others and I will pass my TOEFEl next year.

I have always been very interested in speaking English (I get 19/20 at my last test ).
    I now to make my dream come true I will have to get a PhD in an American University. I’m in negotiations with my parents because US studies can be very expensive and here in France a lot of universities are entirely free…

But I would like to ask to my American friends some questions:

1) Is the sector of university teaching in good conditions in the US? I mean is it easy to find a job in that sector?
    2) Will my foreign citizenship be a problem for me to get hired in a university? (I mean above all the visa problems)
    3) Does every State university give diploma only for its State? I mean if I study in NYC, will I be able to teach in Montana (That’s my favorite State ever <3)?
    4) Does the fact of studying in the US can help you to get a green card or something like that?
    So that’s all I wanted to know.
    I thank you in advance for your answer,

Victor M.

(PS: Sorry if I crippled the Shakespeare’s language but I didn’t use any web translator or dictionaries to write my post ^^).​

Hello, I think I can answer some your questions:
    2. Your foreign citizenship should not be a problem for you to get hired in a university. However, you will need to obtain a work visa or permanent residency in order to legally work in the United States. The process of obtaining a work visa or permanent residency can be complex and time-consuming, so it’s important to plan ahead and consult with an immigration attorney if necessary.

3. No, not every state university gives diplomas only for its state. If you study in NYC, you will be able to teach in Montana or any other state in the US. However, you may need to obtain a teaching license or certification in the state where you plan to teach.

4. Studying in the US can help you to get a green card or permanent residency, but it is not a guarantee​.
    Last edited by johngessner; 02-01-2024, 09:13 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X