Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Can I accept research/teaching assistance in L1-B?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can I accept research/teaching assistance in L1-B?


    This is very urgent for me and any help is really appreciated.
    I am on L1-B visa and I have been accepted in an university for an evening MBA program. I will pursue my education while working full time.

    My question is with L1-B visa and a full time job, can I legally request and accept teaching assistance or reseach assistance at the university?

    Please let me know ASAP.


  • #2
    No. You can only get fee waiver, scholarship and the likes which are given without any requirements that needs you to work for them.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.


    • #3
      DCPS says it wants selectivity in hiring teachers yet every year they hire hundreds of teachers through TFA and Teaching Fellows program who have no educational experience and give them a few weeks of training. These individuals may be very intelligent but that does not substitute for experience. It will be hard for you to work while studying.
      Last edited by ceci1073; 05-26-2020, 10:55 AM.


      • #4
        Describe the training program, including duration and completion dates, and number of hours spent in training.
        Include any certificates awarded to the employee for the program.
        Explain how the training is unique or different from that received by other employees.