Part-time degree evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-time degree evaluation

Hello, I'm not sure that I will fiand the answer to my question here, but I will try still and I'll appreciate any help.

I'm currently studying at the Academy of State Taxation Service of Ukraine as a Bachelor in Accounting and Taxation, but I'm a part-time student there. I'm planning to move to the USA and study law, but as I know I need a completed Bachelor's degree to enroll. Will my part-time degree be equivalent to a USA bachelor or this diploma won't be suitable for studying law in the future?

I used WES free equivalency tool and it says that technically my degree is equivalent, but I can't specify in that tool that my education is part-time, so I'm not sure if I can trust these results. If it matters, my degree consist of 240 ECTS credits anyway.

Also, I'm sure that in Germany my diploma is completely equivalent, so I'm thinking about getting a Master's Accounting degree in Germany first if it in summarу affects the equivalency of my diploma, and then apply for law in the United States.

Hello,

I am in real need of help. I have done B.COM through School of Open learning from University of Delhi and WES has evaluated the degree as equivalent to BACHELORS DEGREE ( 4 YEARS) in CANADA. But since the degree was through correspondence, what should i mention in express entry profile under the FULL TIME/ PART TIME study option? I have tried putting it both and it doesn't make a difference in the CRS score. So should i go ahead with part time or full time? Will part time make a difference in their decision making process even if the score says the same?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me in this issue or if someone has gone through the same process?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hmm, a rather complicated and ambiguous situation in order to give you a complete answer that you can count on to the fullest. Let's start with the fact that the best solution for you in this situation is that you should contact representatives of the university where you are going to enroll and try to find out with them this issue. I believe they will be able to give you a full and detailed answer to your question. You can always use lsat to prepare for admission. I'm sure it will help you.Let's start with the fact that the best solution for you in this situation is that you should contact representatives of the university where you are going to enroll and try to find out with them this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by elace View Post
        Hello, I'm not sure that I will fiand the answer to my question here, but I will try still and I'll appreciate any help.

I'm currently studying at the Academy of State Taxation Service of Ukraine as a Bachelor in Accounting and zadar apartments for rent, but I'm a part-time student there. I'm planning to move to the USA and study law, but as I know I need a completed Bachelor's degree to enroll. Will my part-time degree be equivalent to a USA bachelor or this diploma won't be suitable for studying law in the future?

I used WES free equivalency tool and it says that technically my degree is equivalent, but I can't specify in that tool that my education is part-time, so I'm not sure if I can trust these results. If it matters, my degree consist of 240 ECTS credits anyway. ******** betting

Also, I'm sure that in Germany my diploma is completely equivalent, so I'm thinking about getting a Master's Accounting degree in Germany first if it in summarу affects the equivalency of my diploma, and then apply for law in the United States.
        Hi Ani,

Welcome to the forum! That's a great question. Generally speaking, while on an L1-B visa, you are allowed to take on additional employment as long as you are authorized to do so. Teaching and research assistance can often fall under this category, as long as you have the necessary documentation from your employer and the university. I suggest you check with both to make sure you are eligible for the additional work. Hope this helps!​
        Last edited by Julijasav; 04-24-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information here, I was having the same problem as well. thank you so much)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X