Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 yr bachelors degree not equivalent to US Bachelors

Hello,

I have a 3 yr Bachelors Degree from India. I am trying to apply for Business Schools in USA. I got my credit evaluation done from WES and their evaluation came out to be - Equivalent to 3 yr of US under graduation. That means I am short of some credits.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to earn those extra credits. I do not want to spend time on earning those credits from a unrecongnized school and then again get stuck at the time of evaluation. If any of you had been through the same situation, can you suggest me how can I match up the 4 yr US Equivalent Bachelor's Degree?

Thanks!

Originally posted by mbahelp View Post
    Hello,

I have a 3 yr Bachelors Degree from India. I am trying to apply for Business Schools in USA. I got my credit evaluation done from WES and their evaluation came out to be - Equivalent to 3 yr of US under graduation. That means I am short of some credits.

Can anyone suggest me the best way to earn those extra credits. I do not want to spend time on earning those credits from a unrecongnized school and then again get stuck at the time of evaluation. If any of you had been through the same situation, can you suggest me how can I match up the 4 yr US Equivalent Bachelor's Degree?

Thanks!
    I believe it is depend on what university you are going to! I have 3 years degree from back home. I had the evaluation from WES ( World Education Services in New York) which gave me total of 120 credits. Also WES did mention in details of the evaluation:Credential: Licence 3 years = US Equivalency: Bachelor's degree.I tried some universities, but told that they don't take any foreign credits. Luckily, I found one State University that gave me about 45 credits out my foreign credits! Keep trying! From my own experience and my spouse one: I learn one thing: Wherever your degree come from, you have re-take some or most of the classes here, either in undergraduate or graduate! Good luck. I hope that someone here gives you more information!

Comment

3 yr bachelors degree not equivalent to US Bachelors

Thanks for replying. Ironically, the top business schools in US, including IVY leagues, don't go by any third party evaluations (like WES). They just take ur transcripts and evaluate internally, they don't have any specific 15yrs / 16yrs requirement. But obviously, getting into those schools is equally difficult.

As you correctly said, I will try to contact the schools admission department and get the exact requirements as to what is the best way according to them for me to earn those extra credits. My credits evaluated to 90. I would need to earn 30 more credits in order to get in.

Hoping for the best !

Comment

re

I think so

Comment

Certification's

Bachelor degree is best butt Certification exam's are secrete key of your success. you can easily do any kind of your own business and also getting high level job in all over the world.certifications are most demanding in western countries like US,UK Canada,Australia,Germany,Finland etc

Comment

hello

Originally posted by nguyenanh View Post
            I think so
            Did you get any luck i knw this is old post, but just wanted to chk

Comment

Originally posted by freecontributor View Post

I believe it is depend on what university you are going to! I have 3 years degree from back home. I had the evaluation from WES ( World Education Services in New York) which gave me total of 120 credits. Also WES did mention in details of the evaluation:Credential: Licence 3 years = US Equivalency: Bachelor's degree.I tried some universities, but told that they don't take any foreign credits. Luckily, I found one State University that gave me about 45 credits out my foreign credits! Keep trying! From my own experience and my spouse one: I learn one thing: Wherever your degree come from, you have re-take some or most of the classes here, either in undergraduate or graduate! Good luck. I hope that someone here gives you more information!
              What is your Bachelor degree? Mine Bsc in SE and I want to if mine will be equal to 120 credit hours?

Comment

Originally posted by mbahelp View Post
                Hello,

Can anyone suggest me the best way to earn those extra credits. I do not want to spend time on earning those credits from a school and then again get stuck at the time of evaluation. If any of you had been through the same situation, can you suggest me how can I match up the 4 yr US Equivalent Bachelor's Degree?

Thanks!
                Hello mbahelp,

It sounds like you're in a tricky situation. Have you considered taking some extra classes at a university or college that is recognized by the US Department of Education? That way, you can be sure that the credits you earn will be accepted and you won't have to go through the evaluation process again. Good luck and I hope you find a solution soon!​
                Last edited by Julijasav; 04-25-2023, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Julijasav View Post
                  Hello mbahelp,

It sounds like you're in a tricky situation. Have you considered taking some extra classes at a university or college that is recognized by the US Department of Education? That way, you can be sure that the credits you earn will be accepted and you won't have to go through the evaluation process again. Good luck and I hope you find a solution soon!​
                  good idea

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X