Name:	F1 1st page (edited).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	591899Click image for larger version

Name:	denial (edited).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	591900

I requested my OPT on November 1st, 2016, 2 months prior my graduation (end of December 2016).

I got my OPT denied on Feb 14, 2017, for the following reason: "it has been determined that the dates for which you have requested authorization for employment have already passed."

I am attaching the denial notice, and my F1 (not signed by me, I know this, this was only a copy that I kept for myself. The F1 sent to them was indeed signed).

Do the dates on the second page of my F1 (start date: 20 September 2016 - End date: 18 December 2016) have anything related for the reason of my denial? (I'm just guessing)

Does anyone know what is the mistake made exactly? I am calling USCIS but they do not know the exact error.

Originally posted by manullegos View Post
    [ATTACH]694[/ATTACH][ATTACH]695[/ATTACH][ATTACH]696[/ATTACH]

I requested my OPT on November 1st, 2016, 2 months prior my graduation (end of December 2016).

I got my OPT denied on Feb 14, 2017, for the following reason: "it has been determined that the dates for which you have requested authorization for employment have already passed."

I am attaching the denial notice, and my F1 (not signed by me, I know this, this was only a copy that I kept for myself. The F1 sent to them was indeed signed).

Do the dates on the second page of my F1 (start date: 20 September 2016 - End date: 18 December 2016) have anything related for the reason of my denial? (I'm just guessing)

Does anyone know what is the mistake made exactly? I am calling USCIS but they do not know the exact error.
    1. remove all of your I-20 pages except the last one because it has your school and DOS's name along with your financial information. you do not want to be identified here. even with your personal information blurred out, there's still a lot of personal info left. i suggesting taking them down or writing down relevant info here, not post pics of everything

2. what date did you request your OPT to start? for OPT, you need to set a date that wont come soon because you need to take application processing time in mind. i'm guessing you put a date that looked far enough for you back then but then it still passed and now they denied you for it
    contact your DOS immediately and ask them to help you
    it's past 30 days to file a motion already, i dont know if you did it or not. again, contact your school's international office. they should be able to help you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X