Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work with EAD Approvial Notice???

Hi,
    I have applied for EAD card and received approval notice on April 2nd. My start date of OPT is from 5th May but I didn't receive my EAD card yet. I'm wondering if I could work with the approval notice or if i have to wait for the EAD card??
    I would be very thankful if someone could answer ASAP so that I will have enough time to talk with my HR regarding this issue. It would be helpful if I have some documentation to support my self when I talk to the HR. So can I have some information where I could find the documentation on web???

Thanks!!!!

Though approved, the EAD physical card is needed to begin employment as good HR needs to have I-9 documents available within 2-3 days of the starting of the job. You will get the EAD before May 5th. Did the status change to Card Production ordered anytime?

It is also risky as you would not know what the start date on the card would be. Generally, it is the approval date.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Nope!! My online status still says that approval notice is sent on April 2nd. To be clear, I'm working on my CPT right now. So do the employer still have to document I-9 form? I heard that usually once application is being approved, EAD card should be sent in not more than 2 weeks. Can I talk to the USCIS customer care regarding this?? Do you think they can be of any help??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X