Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in my OPT

Hey friends,
    I am writing to see if someone can advise me about my OPT situation. I applied for OPT with a receipt date Apr 6th, 2009. I have a job lined up with an initial start date on May 14th 2009. Since I haven't had my OPT approved that time my start date has been pushed to June 1st and still I haven't received my OPT. It is going to be 2 months from the day I have in my OPT receipt. I understand that the normal processing time is 1-3 months as per Texas service Center processing time for OPTs. My F1 visa expires on 18 July 2009 and my I20 expires on July 31 2009. My employment is going to be problematic if this OPT delay persists for 1 more month. Is there any one facing my situation? any suggestions?

You can call them up and inquire if they can expedite the application, sometime they do.
    Don't worry about visa expiry as long as your OPT application is pending your status is fine.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

OPT delay

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention in my previous message that I did call them up couple of days ago and they made a service request to expedite my application. So is that all I can do other than waiting patiently? I am wondering if i can make an appointment with their representative to talk about my situation in person? would that help?

Comment

Hi

It has been over 90 days since I applied for my OPT and I have still not got the EAD card. Have you got yours and did you have to take any additional steps for it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X