Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue in OPT stem extension

Hi,

I had a question regarding employment in OPT STEM extension. I recently(one week back) got a job and joined as a independent contractor(adding me as a vendor to company and at the time of joining they asked me to fill W-9 form) in company. I was joined first and thought of ask them to enroll in E-verify later.

But couple of days back when I ask the HR for company to enroll in E-Verify in order to update to school officials. HR refuses to enroll because as I was working as an independent contractor and not coming under their payroll.

Regarding how do I get paid? They will pay me bi-weekly. But I need to rise the invoice and submit time sheet and give it to them so that they will pay me a payable check.

And even I got approved OPT STEM extension couple of days back which I was applied through my previous employer.

Is there a way to come out of this situation?

Even thinking of adding a consulting firm layer in between the company and me but I don't want to do that. Please help me out.

Was this issue Solved????

Hi bro!!
    I really need help out of this. I am in same situation and I can not add my current consulting firm as an employer since they would not want me to go for contract to hire position and I have this guys telling me to do independent contractor thing.
    Can I do it while being on STEM extension?
    It would be great help if you could share you experience and knowledge that you gathered out of this situation.
    Thanks in advance.
    Looking forward.

Originally posted by gocool View Post
    Hi,

I had a question regarding employment in OPT STEM extension. I recently(one week back) got a job and joined as a independent contractor(adding me as a vendor to company and at the time of joining they asked me to fill W-9 form) in company. I was joined first and thought of ask them to enroll in E-verify later.

But couple of days back when I ask the HR for company to enroll in E-Verify in order to update to school officials. HR refuses to enroll because as I was working as an independent contractor and not coming under their payroll.

Regarding how do I get paid? They will pay me bi-weekly. But I need to rise the invoice and submit time sheet and give it to them so that they will pay me a payable check.

And even I got approved OPT STEM extension couple of days back which I was applied through my previous employer.

Is there a way to come out of this situation?

Even thinking of adding a consulting firm layer in between the company and me but I don't want to do that. Please help me out.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X