No announcement yet.

Minimum pay on OPT extension (17month)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum pay on OPT extension (17month)

I want to know the minimum pay/salary/wage on OPT extension, ofcourse, while employed because I think it's gotta be paid position on OPT extension (17month), right?

By minimum pay/wage I mean for a position. I'm surely getting paid above the minimum wage ($8/hr in california) but is there like any minimum range for my position or positions like database developer, or web programmer because I have heard for H1B they have to pay the candidate above certain limit for that position else, it's not legal or h1B is not valid. I'd appreciate if anyone can post the link to find such info also. Thanks.

Nope

There is no minimum salary rate for OPT unlike H1B. The minimum wage is enough.

Comment

I think there is am min pay for a full time . If you are engineer you need to look at some were 28$ for entry level with benefits 401 K and 32 on h1b min so 35 and above on H1b per hr with benefits and 401 K well this applies for contract or full time.

Originally posted by john_bro View Post
      I want to know the minimum pay/salary/wage on OPT extension, ofcourse, while employed because I think it's gotta be paid position on OPT extension (17month), right?

By minimum pay/wage I mean for a position. I'm surely getting paid above the minimum wage ($8/hr in california) but is there like any minimum range for my position or positions like database developer, or web programmer because I have heard for H1B they have to pay the candidate above certain limit for that position else, it's not legal or h1B is not valid. I'd appreciate if anyone can post the link to find such info also. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X