Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Denied Due to School Error, Filing 290B & Maintaining Status

(This post is from my classmate)

My school in San Diego has made a clear error in advising me the wrong filing amounts during their (paid and mandatory) OPT Consultation process.
    The I-765 application got rejected twice, and each time same amounts will be sent in. The third time, it got denied due to not adhering to the 30-days from DSO recommendation.
    Luckily, school has admitted wrongdoing and they wrote a sworn statement that it was their mistake. I filed the I290-B.

Here is the concern:

I know that while the I-290B is pending, I do not gain any immigration status. I finished my undergrad, and my sevis records show ''completed'', not ''terminated''. After my OPT I wanted to enroll in the graduate program, but I think it might be wiser to do now. School is refusing to let me apply, because I am out of status? Now, my question is; what are the remedies for me to obtain and maintain legal status? I know reinstatement is not really an option as my status shows completed, not terminated in SEVIS. I did call with CBP yesterday and asked about Automation Revalidation as my visa is expired. They told me that I can re-enter, even as an initial student with a new I-20 record ID. Can you guys please share your experience with me? I am considering this last step and going to Mexico to re-enter. Or should I wait for the MTR decision?
    Service Center: Texas
    03/09/2023: Filing Date
    03/10/2023: Receipt Date
    03/15/2023: Text Message Received w/ IOE receipt#
    03/17/2023: Personal Check Cashed
    03/20/2023: Biometrics Reuse Notice Received in Mail
    03/20/2023 Online Account Access Notice Received in Mail

You are doing amazing work keep it up. I am getting a lot of help from your content and also recommending to the other so they can also solve their problems through your information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X