Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT application rejected

Hello,

I have applied for OPT but my application got rejected stating that I have attached the old version of I-765 form. The expiry date on my I-765 form is May 21,2020. But my application was received by USCIS on June 2,2020. So, the form got expired. But now the issue is I couldn't find the latest I-765 form in the USCIS website.My questions are below,

1.Where to find the latest I-765 form.

2.I got my money order back with a seal on it. Should I attach the same money order or take a new one for the new applicaiton.

Thanks,
    Arun

The expiration date of forms don't matter. It's the edition date, on the lower-left of each page of the form, that matters. The 12/26/19 edition is the one that is currently accepted. Is that the edition you used?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Arun Karthigeyan View Post
      Hello,

I have applied for OPT but my application got rejected stating that I have attached the old version of I-765 form. The expiry date on my I-765 form is May 21,2020. But my application was received by USCIS on June 2,2020. So, the form got expired. But now the issue is I couldn't find the latest I-765 form in the USCIS website.My questions are below,

2.I got my money order back with a seal on it. Should I attach the same money order or take a new one for the new applicaiton.

Thanks,
      Arun
      The curent 765 Form has an expiration date of 05/31/2020 and an edition date of 12/26/2020.
      05/08/20: I-485, I-765, I-131, I-944 sent to USCIS
      05/13 Rejected due to lack of I-864
      05/27 resubmitted with explanation
      06/03 Rejected again-same reason
      06/13 Resubmitted with I-864
      07/07 Lockbox emailed back and ask to resubmit
      07/09 Filings accepted with PD 05/08/20 (nice)
      08/06 Prior biometrics applied to I485
      08/28 Took biometrics for I-765 only
      09/28 I-765's Cards Ordered
      10/02 EAD/AP received
      04/12 Interview Sched
      05/11 Interview done approval on the spot but no USCIS update online

Comment

Originally posted by Arun Karthigeyan View Post
        Hello,

Thanks,
        Arun
        Hi,
        I recently got the same rejection notice like you.
        Besides the incorrect form. it also says the payment amount is incorrect or has not been provided.

The returned the check is paid to U.S. department of homeland security and the amount is $410. Now it is with a seal of
        "U.S. Department of Homeland Security
        Citizenship and Immigration Service"

I am a little confuse. Is my original check correct? Do you get the same message about your money order.

Comment

How frequently is this happening?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X