Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Extension - Request for Evidence Mail did not arrive

Hi,

My present OPT is about to expire in a week's time. In the meanwhile, I had applied for STEM extension on my OPT for another 17 months. I am currently working full time. USCIS has updated my case information online to indicate that they have sent me a mail for "Request for Evidence". Its been updated a week back but I have received no such mail. They've also mentioned that "This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

Does this mean that I should continue to wait for the mail and continue working even after my current OPT expires? Or should I stop working once my present OPT expires?

BTW I am also in the process of applying for H1B. However my employer is delaying the process. If I have to stop working, can I begin working as soon as my H1B is filed?

I am confused.

You can continue working. Wait for some more time for the RFE and then you can call USCIS. Your employer can file H1 anytime as long as the cap remains open.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Same Problem

hello Sachinfan,

I have same kind of question. I got RFE (for a new,first time EAD) on 9th Sep and still haven't received it in mail.
      I have seen on some forums that it might be a 'system' mistake and that they change it to 'card production' after some time. Lets wait.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X