Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job related to your field of study.

Hi guys,

My major is Business Administration, and one of the requirements for the OPT says that my job must be related to my field of study. In fact I need to work just 3 summer months, before going to the MBA program and i think I won't be able to find the job exactly in my field, just because no one employer does want to hire a person for a well paid job for a couple of months. But I have the job offer to work as a cashier in the big store. Do you know how strict this requirement in reality and how to define what exactly your field of study?

Thank you in advance.

It's up to you

As long as you can explain that your position is related to your degree, you should be fine.

For example, a biology student who focused on studying marine and aquatic species might be able to work at a fish market selling fish. Why not? How can people say "his job is NOT related to marine biology"? You, business student, might be able to get the same job. Selling fish. How can people say "your job is NOT related to business"? However, it is difficult to defend for a computer science student doing the same job. Typically, the business major is very distant from the biology major but sometimes not in real world.
    Some people may say cashier job is not related to business, but others may say it's very, very necessary experience if you want to be a manager at the grocery store. Do you know what I mean? So the relation to your study is up to you. It's how you think about it.

Good luck.

Comment

It is better to start your studies and then find the suitable job. If you study abroad, in Australian university your certificates would be well recognized. You will be learnt with a quality of education.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X