Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to apply dependent visa based on husband's F1 Status

Hi,

My Husband stays in US with current visa status as F1. He has completed his MS in Chemical and currently working on OPT in IT field. I need to apply dependent visa based on his F1 visa status. Can anyone please help me with suggestions, comments or any tips like what needs to be done or what kind of documents required (if anyone has gone though the same case).

Awaiting for positive response.

Thanks & Regards,
    Poonam

First your husband will need to get a dependent I-20 from his school for you.
    Then you can check out VFS website for information on how to complete application and book an appointment at your nearest consulate.
    You will need documents like copy of husband's I-20, marriage certificate and proof of sufficient funds (like husband's and your own bank statements etc.)
    You will also need to prepare true and convincing answers to questions like what will both of you do after your husband completes OPT, how will you spend time in the US since you are not allowed to work or study etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      First your husband will need to get a dependent I-20 from his school for you.
      Then you can check out VFS website for information on how to complete application and book an appointment at your nearest consulate.
      You will need documents like copy of husband's I-20, marriage certificate and proof of sufficient funds (like husband's and your own bank statements etc.)
      You will also need to prepare true and convincing answers to questions like what will both of you do after your husband completes OPT, how will you spend time in the US since you are not allowed to work or study etc.
      =========================================================

Thanks for your help, I will surely make note of all points. If you have any idea about interview questions based on my case then can you please post it for me?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X