Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMAT preparation

Dear Friends,

I am 29 yrs old male and planned to apply for Ph. D in USA in the field of Management, (Marketing Management), Business Administration.

i have completed B.Tech in Chemical Engg with Distinction Masters in Polymer Science in Europe and have 2 yrs experience in R&D. I am currently unemployed and wanted to PhD in usa. I dont want to work in Technical field.

My doubts or fears are

1) Will US universities accept my application for phd in Management? I have this doubt because i have not done anything related to business administration, management. I have only six-month experience in market research. that’s all

2) is it worth a try? i need to invest time, energy money before i apply(as u already know, toefl, gmat, coaching for gmat, aappln fee, fees for consultancies etc.,,,) i dont know whether this is sense or absolutely senseless to try phd in management with masters in polymer science. what is the success or probably rate to get in or to get admission with funding?

I am thinking if I apply with all documents and if they reject my application, then it is complete waste of everything. That is why I wanted to know probability to get in with funding, before I prepare and spend money for all those stuffs mentioned above.

3) How long does it to take to prepare GMAT? I havent prepared before and need to start Everything brand new.

Any suggestions, opinions are welcome

Thanks much

Sat books

SAT preparation demo class also available on the internet but for the good result i can suggest you to read from the SAT Books only because books is the best way to solve the problem directly.
    To get the good result you have to read only from books.

Comment

GMAT preparation

GMAT entrance exam is an essential part of the admission process for most MBA programmes in the US, Canada and other part of the world. Among the several thousand graduate management programmes available across the globe, almost 1,700 use the GMAT aptitude test and more than 1,000 essential require it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnwalton View Post
        SAT preparation demo class also available on the internet but for the good result i can suggest you to read from the SAT Books only because books is the best way to solve the problem directly.
        To get the good result you have to read only from books.
        This link doesn't work correctly. What book is this?
        Last edited by ErickHendrix; 10-08-2016, 09:24 AM.
        Hi, guys! My name is Erick. Next year I want to go to USA; and at the moment I'm working on my university application, Visa and I'm writing sop. Hope to do well!

Comment

Hey, check StudyPal site it is too good for finding study partner for #GMAT exam

Comment

Half of the year with everyday studying will be enough I suppose

Comment

Preparation for GMAT takes a lot of time - regardless of your level of knowledge and skills. On average, it will take you 100-170 hours, or 2-3 months. Those who manage to get the highest points on the GMAT usually spend more than 170 hours, and their preparation begins in six months. Keep this in mind when calculating your preparation time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X