Travelling India on F1 visa, though visa stamped on H4 and not in F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling India on F1 visa, though visa stamped on H4 and not in F1

I came to the US in Mar, 2012 on a H4 visa and have converted to F1 Visa on Sept, 2012 as I enrolled for a full-time Masters program. I intend to visit India in summer this year and do not have a F1 visa stamping. After summer I will be left with another semester to finish my coursework.
    My question is that can my F1 visa get rejected if I am going for stamping in India, as my husband has already applied for a green card which is in process???
    I also wanted to know that in the event of F1 rejection in India, what are my chances of getting back to F1 status after coming back to the US on H4? I need an OPT after graduating in Dec, 2013 and would need to be on F1 for that. I was wondering if the prospect of COS from H4 to F1 decreases significantly if it has once been rejected in India. Also, is there a wait time before i can reapply for F1 once i am back here on H4??

Originally posted by Priyanka Sadhu View Post
    I came to the US in Mar, 2012 on a H4 visa and have converted to F1 Visa on Sept, 2012 as I enrolled for a full-time Masters program. I intend to visit India in summer this year and do not have a F1 visa stamping. After summer I will be left with another semester to finish my coursework.
    My question is that can my F1 visa get rejected if I am going for stamping in India, as my husband has already applied for a green card which is in process???
    I also wanted to know that in the event of F1 rejection in India, what are my chances of getting back to F1 status after coming back to the US on H4? I need an OPT after graduating in Dec, 2013 and would need to be on F1 for that. I was wondering if the prospect of COS from H4 to F1 decreases significantly if it has once been rejected in India. Also, is there a wait time before i can reapply for F1 once i am back here on H4??
    Hi My wife is in same situation as yours and she is leaving to India for a month next week. Please let us know if you were approved F1 in India? or if not, were you able to come back to USA and change back to F1 again?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X