X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pls advise on travel.

dear all
    please advise on this matter.
    my brother has gotten temporary green card stamp in passport from us embassy in china but he is on vacation to visit his parents in india can he come to usa from india itself with green card stamp being in china or do you guys recommend he should only travel from china to india.

appreciate your all input a lot,

best regards

He can come to the US from India, China or from anywhere he likes. It does not really matter.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Mala,

Please clarify what you mean by "temporary Green Card stamp," as I think you may be confusing what your brother got. The I-551 stamp in the passport is only given upon arrival in the U.S.. The two-year conditional Green Card is only delivered to the entrant after he is in the U.S.

Could you be referring to an immigrant visa?

--Ray B

Originally posted by mala View Post
      dear all
      please advise on this matter.
      my brother has gotten temporary green card stamp in passport from us embassy in china but he is on vacation to visit his parents in india can he come to usa from india itself with green card stamp being in china or do you guys recommend he should only travel from china to india.

appreciate your all input a lot,

best regards

Comment

Irrespective of whether it is an immigrant visa, or I-551 stamp, the person can enter the US from China or India or anywhere they like.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Immihelp Admin,

Thx for the clarification. Apparently the brother has an immigrant visa, and your answer provides the best response to the poster, as the visa can be used from any source country.

--Ray B

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
          Irrespective of whether it is an immigrant visa, or I-551 stamp, the person can enter the US from China or India or anywhere they like.
          Last edited by rayb; 11-25-2014, 11:48 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X