about the no birth certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the no birth certificate

Hi . Im rence i would like to ask .. because my grandfather have ni birth certicate. He born in the philippines nueva viscaya on 1937 i didn't remember the mont and date ..
    We would like to ask you if how can get a passport .. bacause were applying for a passport for tourist in hongkong but he have no birth certificate .. thanks

Your father will need to obtain a "late birth registration," starting at the Local Civil Registrar for the locality in which he was born. The LCR version will have to be transferred to the National Statistics Office (NSO) for authentication so that he is able to obtain an NSO colored paper (counterfeit-proof) version. When applying for his passport at the DFA, he will need the NSO birth cert, an NBI clearance and other proof of identification.

--Ray B

Originally posted by rence View Post
    Hi . Im rence i would like to ask .. because my grandfather have ni birth certicate. He born in the philippines nueva viscaya on 1937 i didn't remember the mont and date ..
    We would like to ask you if how can get a passport .. bacause were applying for a passport for tourist in hongkong but he have no birth certificate .. thanks

Comment

Francis,

Civil documents from the Philippines for events before and during the war (WW-II) have always been a problem, but the State Department is flexible regarding substitution documents. If the original poster follows my suggestions (late registration at Local Civil Registrar), this can be resolved.

--Ray B

Originally posted by francisB
      That would be a problem. Birth Certificate is very important for your papers to be processed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X