Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Husband's Company calling back during 8th Month pregnancy

Hi,
    I and my husband are staying in USA on L1B/L2 Visas. I have just completed 7 months of pregnancy and my husband's company is forcing us to go back to India. I have hypothyroidism which got stable after almost 6 months of treatment before conceiving the baby. I really do not want to take any risk with the baby. Can someone please help on the options I have to prove my husband's company that I can not travel back during pregnancy?

I am ok to go back after the delivery.

Thanks

Originally posted by hematandon007 View Post
    Hi,
    I and my husband are staying in USA on L1B/L2 Visas. I have just completed 7 months of pregnancy and my husband's company is forcing us to go back to India. I have hypothyroidism which got stable after almost 6 months of treatment before conceiving the baby. I really do not want to take any risk with the baby. Can someone please help on the options I have to prove my husband's company that I can not travel back during pregnancy?

I am ok to go back after the delivery.

Thanks
    Did you know before hand that the assignment will be getting over at this time of your pregnancy?

Check with your doctor and airlines if you can travel.

If not possible, try negotiating with the employer to let you remain till pregnancy is over. Worst case you can try moving to B2 visa by filing a I539, but doubt company will continue your medical expenses which can be very expensive in US if any complications arise.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X