Can I re-enter the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I re-enter the US?

I am a Philippine passport holder who is living in the U.S. with a valid F1 visa (student visa). I would like to take a vacation in Japan but my passport will expire in November this year, which means that my passport only has 4 months validity.

I already called the Japan embassy and they said that I can enter even with a passport almost expiring since they don't reinforce the 6 months rule. However when I get back after my vacation, I don't know if the CBP officer will let me enter the U.S. border with an almost expired passport.

Can I still re-enter the U.S.?

You are likely to be refused boarding or reentry at a U.S. Port fo Entry, with an "almost expired" passport.

Get it renewed.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Phyllis Frances Garces View Post
    I am a Philippine passport holder who is living in the U.S. with a valid F1 visa (student visa). I would like to take a vacation in Japan but my passport will expire in November this year, which means that my passport only has 4 months validity.

I already called the Japan embassy and they said that I can enter even with a passport almost expiring since they don't reinforce the 6 months rule. However when I get back after my vacation, I don't know if the CBP officer will let me enter the U.S. border with an almost expired passport.

Can I still re-enter the U.S.?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X