Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Sending my GreenCard holder daughter to Nepal with her grand Parents

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • inadmissible
    I think there are at least four things you need to consider:

    1) Requirements for her to maintain her US permanent residence. For an extended stay abroad, get her a re-entry permit https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...urces/B5en.pdf

    2) Documents for a nonparent to take her out of the United States https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...ot-a-parent-or

    3) Documents for a nonparent to bring her into Nepal

    4) Consideration of her deriving citizenship when you eventually naturalize as a US citizen. CCA/INA320 is not something I'm familiar with, hopefully someone like newacct can chime in with what you need to think about. Like, if you naturalize when she is abroad, can she automatically gain citizenship when she returns to the US and to your custody? Or does she need to be here with you when you naturalize? I dunno

    Leave a comment:

  • Sending my GreenCard holder daughter to Nepal with her grand Parents


    My in laws are here with me for three months to visit USA. I am planning to send my daughter with them while they are returning back to Nepal.

    My daughter is just turned to 4 and she is Green Card holder.

    What are the paper work i have to complete on behalf of her or in laws to send daughter with them?
    How long she can stay aboard?

    Thank you