Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration for US born kid at mumbai airport

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to India with my 9 month old US born kid. Can someone plz tell that how will be the immigration process for my kid at mumbai airport?
    I think i need to fill the immigartion form for my kid in flight along with the disembarkation form for myself. And also i have read that there r seperate counters for PIO card holders at the international airports for immigation. Is it true? And in india do the airport staff give preference to u, if u have a small kid ??

Thanks in advance.
    Sujana Prakash

It is pretty much the same procedure as Indian people. Just the form for foreigners are different.

Yes, there is a separate line for PIO card holders. However, there is only one counter. On the other hand, there are many counters for general public. Many times, the goes much faster for general public compared to PIO holders line. Not really advantage.

Authorities at Mumbai airport don't care whether you have small child.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks a lot for ur response..Its so bad to hear that the authorities dont give any preference to the people who hv smaller children.In US i have seen in all the airports that one with a small kid is always given the first preference along with old aged people.

How much time really takes to comeout of the airports after completing the customs & all at mumbai airport?

Thanks in advance,
      Sujana Prakash

Comment

It really depends upon the time of the day and how many other flights arrive around the same time.

It may be anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X