Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian passport expiry near the date of travel

Hi,
    My sister holds an Indian passport and has multiple entry business visa. The passport is expiring on Nov 10th 2007. She needs to travel to US between July 23 to August 6th. Is the travel allowed when passport is expiry date is within 6 months of travel date?

This is urgent.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Subha

RE: Indian passport expiry near the date of travel

Shankar,

I am in the same situation... I am travelling to India from US in Dec/Jan and my passport is going to expire in April... If I send my passport for renewal in Nov, I am not sure if I will get it back before my travel date... can you let me know how it worked out for your sister?

Everyone... please let me know how to handle this.

On average, how much time does it take to get a passport renewed from U.S.?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by apoorvapatel View Post
      Shankar,

I am in the same situation... I am travelling to India from US in Dec/Jan and my passport is going to expire in April... If I send my passport for renewal in Nov, I am not sure if I will get it back before my travel date... can you let me know how it worked out for your sister?

Everyone... please let me know how to handle this.

On average, how much time does it take to get a passport renewed from U.S.?

Thanks in advance!
      You can travel on a passport even if there is one day validity left. US Citizens are allowed to return home even on an expired US passport. If it is a non-US passport please check with the mission/consulate which has juridiction over your location. In this case Indian Embassy or Indian consulate.

Normally an email to the consulate should get you the answer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X