X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help!! H1B Expired and Travel To Bermuda

Hi,

This is kind of urgent.
    I have read a thread which was created last year by GirishRane and i am in the same boat, we have booked a cruise to Bermuda and our H1 and H4 stamp is expired in the passport but we both have approved I 797 and I94 valid till 2012.
    Is the Automatic Visa Revalidation Rule (for Contiguous Territiry) apply for us?
    As i can see from the old thread (By GirishRane), they did not face any problems but was that one of the lucky case?
    My Questions:
    1. Does Contiguous Territiry only includes Canada and Mexico or does it include Bermuda as well?
    2. If we decide to take risk and go to Bermuda, When will we have to face Immigrations, while going or coming back? (As i enquired We (citizen of India) don't need Visa to Bermuda), so I am guessing while coming back.
    3. Now in the worst case what will happen at the Immigration, if they say you don't qualify for Automatic Visa Revalidation Rule (Contiguous Territiry)?

Please suggest.

After 9/11, a valid visa is a MUST for anyone to enter US (if they do not qualify for visa waiver). Attempting this would be risky and you could be denied entry at the discretion of the POE officer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      After 9/11, a valid visa is a MUST for anyone to enter US (if they do not qualify for visa waiver). Attempting this would be risky and you could be denied entry at the discretion of the POE officer.
      Thanks for the response, can't we use the Automatic Revalidation rule for contiguous territory, adjacent islands? (DEPARTMENT OF STATE 22 CFR 41.112).
      Also, on another note regarding closed loop sailing...i am reading in the Royal Caribbean booklet(also available on their web site).....as below:
      Effective June 1, 2009 only a valid passport (unless otherwise noted below) or other WHTI compliant document will be accepted for entry or re-entry into the United States. For a list of all approved documents visit: http://travel.state.gov/trip-cancell...liant_document

Please suggest.

Comment

Royal Caribbean is talking about rules for USCs. You are not a USC.

If your U.S. entry visa is expired but you intend to stay in Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days, the Immigration Officer at the border will automatically consider your present entry visa revalidated when you reenter the U.S. I am not sure about Bermuda Islands. There are certain POE officers that let in at their discretion. Talk to your attorney before you leave.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X