No announcement yet.

Need Help?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need Help?

    I am an OCI card holder (living in India) and I wish to do the Manali to Leh bike trip. I want to know what paperwork I'll need if I want to do it alone. I was thinking I'll rent a bike in Manali and ride to Ladakh. If it's too much trouble, I don't mind joining a group, but I have done a lot of solo biking and I like travelling on my own. However I heard that the paperwork can get complicated.

  • #2
    If you're taking a bike from Manali, you will have to change it in Leh to a bike with a Ladakh numberplate, as per the local rules. This usually causes the budget to shoot up because you're paying the rent of the bike that you left behind in Leh, as well as the rent for the bike that you're riding around Ladakh. This is separate from the paperwork you need. For most places in Ladakh, Indian passport holders can enter with any ID proof (Aadhar, driving license, PAN card) to enter, but as an OCI, you will need permits. You can do the application through a travel agent in Leh, but that is usually only valid for 7 days. It would be much less hassle to do your Manali to Leh bike trip with a group and inform the operator of your OCI. Do note that the costs might be differrent for you than for Indian travellers.