Flying with a dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with a dog

Does anyone have experience with flying with their dog? I'm going to take my Frenchie bulldog on our next trip and want to make her feel comfortable. Any helpful tips and advice?

Flying with a dog can be smooth with some prep. Check airline regulations, ensure a comfy carrier, bring familiar toys, and keep them hydrated. A calm and confident demeanor helps too.

Comment

One more vote for a comfortable and spacious carrier. It is very important. And it is ideal if it comes with both top and side openings for easy access to your pet.
      Also, it is better to go through a thorough vet check up to ensure your dog is fit to fly. I flew with my French bulldog several times and did it every time. This guide https://frenchiereview.com/flying-french-bulldog/ helped me a lot.
      Speaking about packing essentials, I packed enough food, a portable water bowl, a leash, and a few toys to keep him entertained.
      Also, take some waste bags for essential potty breaks (it is crucial, especially if the flight will be long).
      In case your dog doesn't like traveling in general, it is better to talk to the vet about safe calming supplements. ​​
      Last edited by BNic; 11-06-2023, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amystivens View Post
        Does anyone have experience with flying with their dog? I'm going to take my Frenchie bulldog on our next trip and want to make her feel comfortable. Any helpful tips and advice?
        Different airlines have varying rules and regulations regarding pet travel. Ensure that your chosen airline allows dogs in the cabin and review their specific requirements, such as crate dimensions, health documentation, and additional fees.

Comment

Ensure your Frenchie is familiar with the carrier, pack familiar items, and feed before the flight. Check airline policies, schedule a pre-flight bathroom break, and consult your vet for guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X