Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans to travel to India from USA, but passport expiring within 6 months

Hello All,

My wife and my daughter have plans to travel to India-Mumbai by 18thJan-2012 to May15-2012. My daughter has her passport expiring on May30-2012.
    I read many forums, called airlines, Indian Embassy about the 6-months valid passport rule after departing, but everyone had a different answer. Some said YES and some said DO NOT take chances of travelling. And this is a an important trip.

My question here is: Can I book the tickets for my daughter in such scenario? Will it be a problem at the US/Mumbai airport while departing/arrival?

I do not have a permanent address (since one month, staying at friends place who is in India with his family for a vacation) and will have one on Feb01 when I move to the apartment I have leased in my name. As such, I do not any have proof of residence for me to apply for re-issue(renew) of my daughter's passport here in USA. I have old address on my Drivers License. Not sure, if I can request for re-issue of passport in this scenario and if yes, what is the ideal way of doing it?.

I can re-issue the passport in India, provided my daughter is allowed to depart from US & arrive in Mumbai.

Please advice me what needs to be done, as I'm in a dilemma. Kindly, provide me with few links which explains such scenarios.

Thank you all in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X