UK citizenship - Indefinite leave to remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK citizenship - Indefinite leave to remain

I am researching if I am available to get UK Citizenship.

I was born in England, in 1983, to American parents who were stationed there in the US Air Force. If it was before 1983, I would have citizenship because the laws changed. Now one of my parents, probably my dad since he was in the military, would need to be an indefinite leave to remain status for me to get citizenship. Is this normally granted to US Military members who are stationed overseas? The family lived in England for about 4 years, and I was born halfway into it. I have looked on the internet and haven't found much information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Most likely not. Under what visa category were your parents stationed in the UK? My experience is that you have to apply for ILR after staying x number of years in the country (visa category will dictate x) - it's not something that's automatically granted.

Originally posted by eternalx View Post
    I am researching if I am available to get UK Citizenship.

I was born in England, in 1983, to American parents who were stationed there in the US Air Force. If it was before 1983, I would have citizenship because the laws changed. Now one of my parents, probably my dad since he was in the military, would need to be an indefinite leave to remain status for me to get citizenship. Is this normally granted to US Military members who are stationed overseas? The family lived in England for about 4 years, and I was born halfway into it. I have looked on the internet and haven't found much information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X