Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is UK transit visa required if travelling to Spain via Heathrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is UK transit visa required if travelling to Spain via Heathrow?

I have a valid H1B visa and I will be travelling to India via London. On my return back to USA, I will be travelling to Spain via london again. Do I need a DATV? Immihelp website says it is not but knowing UK officials and their constant change of rules, I want to know if it has changed.

Will you be having a Visa to visit spain? If so, DATV will not be required. Search UK Border Agency website for more information.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

The OP needs a visa for Spain, so he/she will likely have one.

To the OP: if you will remain in Heathrow, no DATV is needed. Make sure your flight to Spain is also via Heathrow, as sometimes, flight ticket sites put together an itinerary including Gatwick, Stanstead, Luton and City flights.

Comment

Originally posted by cafeconleche View Post
        The OP needs a visa for Spain, so he/she will likely have one.

To the OP: if you will remain in Heathrow, no DATV is needed. Make sure your flight to Spain is also via Heathrow, as sometimes, flight ticket sites put together an itinerary including Gatwick, Stanstead, Luton and City flights.
        Thank you for your quick response
        I do have a Schengen visa for Spain. I have made sure that I will be in Heathrow for all flights.

Is DATV not required since my final destination is USA? My parents are flying with us from India to Spain and flying back to India. Would they need a visa?

Comment

For you, no visa is needed. For them, they might need one unless they qualify for an exception:

'Transit without visa' concession - DATV exemptions
          If you are a national of a country covered by the DATV system, you may be able to transit the UK airside without a visa. To qualify for this exemption:

you must arrive and depart by air; and
          your onward flight must be confirmed, and must depart within 24 hours; and
          you have proper documentation for your destination, including a visa if necessary.
          Additionally, you must hold:

1) a valid entry visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, and a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK, as part of a journey to or from one of those countries; or
          2) a valid airline ticket for travel via the UK as part of a journey from Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA, if you are transiting the UK no more than 6 months after the date when you last entered Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA with a valid entry visa for that country; or
          3) a valid USA I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998; or
          4) an expired I-551 permanent resident card issued on or after 21 April 1998, accompanied by an I-797 extension letter issued by the Bureau of Citizenship; or
          5) a valid Canadian permanent resident card issued on or after 28 June 2002; or
          6) a valid Australian or New Zealand residence visa; or
          7) a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA); or
          8) a valid uniform format residence permit issued by an EEA state under Council Regulation (EC) number 1030/2002; or
          9) a valid UK residence card; or
          10) a valid EEA family permit issued by the UK government.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X