Indian Citizen on US-H1B applying for UK-student visa from USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Citizen on US-H1B applying for UK-student visa from USA

I am an Indian citizen in the US, working under my H1B for a large MNC. I have an UG from India (one of the IITs), MS from US, and have been accepted into a top UK school for an MBA. Overall, a good/safe applicant with strong ties to India/USA, and financially able to cover cost of study (loan approved + personal savings).

Is it possible for me to apply successfully for a UK tier-4 (general student) visa from the USA? I would like to continue working/earning till my school-session begins in late fall, and going to India a month in advance just to apply for a UK student-visa (after quitting etc.) would be a big hassle.

Has anyone here been in this situation and applied for a UK Student visa from the US while on a non-immigrant US visa (e.g., H1B).

Thanks!
    Last edited by aimlesswanderr; 05-03-2011, 07:55 PM.

Any Updates???

Hello

I am in a similiar situation. I am working on a H1 visa in USA and have obtained an MBA admission from a reputed college in London. I would like to know if you applied for your visa from USA or you had to travel to India for your visa process.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Subu

Comment

Please advise!

Originally posted by sbaskaran1982 View Post
      Hello

I am in a similiar situation. I am working on a H1 visa in USA and have obtained an MBA admission from a reputed college in London. I would like to know if you applied for your visa from USA or you had to travel to India for your visa process.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
      Subu

..........Exactly same situation that you were in last year. Did you find a result? Please let me know
      [email protected]

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by aimlesswanderr View Post
      I am an Indian citizen in the US, working under my H1B for a large MNC. I have an UG from India (one of the IITs), MS from US, and have been accepted into a top UK school for an MBA. Overall, a good/safe applicant with strong ties to India/USA, and financially able to cover cost of study (loan approved + personal savings).

Is it possible for me to apply successfully for a UK tier-4 (general student) visa from the USA? I would like to continue working/earning till my school-session begins in late fall, and going to India a month in advance just to apply for a UK student-visa (after quitting etc.) would be a big hassle.

Has anyone here been in this situation and applied for a UK Student visa from the US while on a non-immigrant US visa (e.g., H1B).

Thanks!
      ..........Exactly same situation that you were in last year. Did you find a result? Please let me know
      [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X