Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV2014 dual passports with different names

Hi,

I've dual citizenship and dual passports, Italian and Venezuelan. I was born in Venezuela, my parents were both born in Italy. We moved back to Italy when I was 2 and I've lived here for 23 years.

I'd love to apply for the dv2014 and I've to enter my full name exactly as listed on my passport. But which of the two passports? The Italian passport which is the only valid passport I have and which is the one I always use when I travel, or the Venezuelan passport that expired when I was a kid?

Moreover, on my Venezuelan passport figures a middle name that doesn't figure on my Italian passport...What should I do?

The fact of having the middle name only on my Venezuelan papers and not also on my Italian papers, could it be grounds for disqualification?

Hope you have an answer. Thank you!

Originally posted by Snow1886 View Post
    Hi,

I've dual citizenship and dual passports, Italian and Venezuelan. I was born in Venezuela, my parents were both born in Italy. We moved back to Italy when I was 2 and I've lived here for 23 years.

I'd love to apply for the dv2014 and I've to enter my full name exactly as listed on my passport. But which of the two passports? The Italian passport which is the only valid passport I have and which is the one I always use when I travel, or the Venezuelan passport that expired when I was a kid?

Moreover, on my Venezuelan passport figures a middle name that doesn't figure on my Italian passport...What should I do?

The fact of having the middle name only on my Venezuelan papers and not also on my Italian papers, could it be grounds for disqualification?

Hope you have an answer. Thank you!
    Official lottery rules say that one should apply based on birth country not based on citizenship.
    To enter the DV program, you must be a native of one of the listed countries. See List Of Countries By Region Whose Natives Qualify.
    Native of a qualifying country: In most cases, this means the country in which you were born.
    In case you win you have to provide you birth certificate, does it have middle name? In any case, middle name should not be an issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X