Green Card - Time to process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card - Time to process

We have been selected in the DV and are planning on travelling to the US in December to activate it... Very excited.

The problem is that I am pregnant and still working and can only afford 2 weeks off to initiate the process, I cannot travel later because of the baby and risk losing the visa if we travel after the baby is born.

My questions are: How long does it take to get your green card once applying for it? Does it get mailed to a US address (we have friends in LA who can receive it)? Is the green card literally a card or is it in your passport?

We have so much to wrap up in South Africa so will only be able to emigrate mid - late 2016 but do NOT want to miss out on this opportunity and have to book flights ASAP!

Thanks for your help.

Green card

The Green Card gives you reentry privileges up to a year, after which you would need a Reentry Permit to reenter the U.S. So if you are planning for late 2016 then you will need to apply for reentry permit and then make sure you return before the time is up. Yes, you can have the green card sent to the address in the states.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X