Injustice to my DV2014 visa approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injustice to my DV2014 visa approval

On May 01 2013, I was randomly selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant visa program for the fiscal year 2014. My Case number was 2014AF00076071. On July 25 2014, the Kentucky Consular (KCC) sent me an appointment schedule with the US Embassy in Yaounde for September 16 2014 at 07:30AM. I arrived at the embassy on the 16th of September 2014 at 06:00AM and after going through security, I was admitted into the consular section at 08:30AM and issued queue no 347. I paid a non refundable DV lottery fee of 174.000 FCFA (330 US DOLLARS) and was finally interviewed by the Consular officer at 17:00PM. The interview was successful and my visa was approved. The Consular officer gave me a congratulatory piece of paper requesting that I should come back to the embassy on the 09th of October 2014 in person to pick up my visa packet. I came to the embassy on the 09 of October 2014 to pick up my visa packet but was informed that it is not yet ready. Some private security agents at the embassy asked those of us whose visa packages were not yet ready to write our names and contact numbers on a piece of paper and the embassy will contact us. They advised that we check again with the consular section after two weeks.

On the 15th of October 2014, I called the consular section to verify the status of my visa since online checks showed no information but I was asked to come back to the consular section on the 22nd of October 2014 at 2PM for a final decision. I went to the embassy on the 22nd of October 2014 at 2PM and was only admitted into the consular section at 3:30PM. At 5PM, the consular section announced to us (waiting at the court yard) through one of its security agents that they were experiencing technical problems which is affecting their systems and we were asked to come back again in two weeks. I was leaving the city of Douala where I live which is more than 300 kilometers away from Yaounde where the embassy is situated and this meant extra cost for me every time I had to be asked to come back.

I returned to Douala very disappointed and stressful as usual and kept calling the consular section for updates on my case in vain. On the 05th of November 2014, I was admitted into the consular section and I approached the consular officer at one of the counters who returned my passport and my original documents and in an apologetic tune informed me that the embassy ran short of visa numbers for applicants whose visas were approved in 2014. She also added that it was the best explanation she could offer me at the moment.I learned from other reliable sources that the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) issued out more than the required 55,000visas in the DV 2014 fiscal year therefore it was not a matter of principle that we were victimized.

The psychological trauma has been unbearable for me during this period and as a result of the cumulative effects, I decided to seek some kind of reparation by writing to the US Attorney General on the 21st of December 2015 more than a year later and copying the following officials
    John Forbes Kerry
    US Secretary of State
    Micheal Hoza
    US Ambassador to Cameroon
    Paul Ryan
    Speaker of the House
    Denis McDonough
    White House Chief of Staff
    The Honorable Jeh Johnson
    Secretary of Homeland Security

On the 11th of January 2016, i received an email from the USCIS DHS that read:

Acknowledgement Letter

Dear:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has received your inquiry. Our Customer Assistance Unit is currently researching your issue. We are dedicated to proactively providing information and guidance to USCIS applicants, petitioners, and advocates regarding immigration benefits. Please allow 15 business days for us to respond to your inquiry. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    Customer Assistance Unit
    USCIS

Please, could anyone tell me what i should possibly be expecting from their research after this 15 business days?
    Thank you

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X