Seeking Asylum due to fear of female circumcision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Asylum due to fear of female circumcision

I am a 22 year old female, I just came to USA 2 months ago with a visitor visa. My family wants me to go back to marry some one I barely know and before getting married I will have to get a circumcision first. It is a tradition in my country which I do not support. But being a female I do have any rights to my body. Now I want to seek Asylum so I don't have to go back. Is this possible for me?

Can somebody please help me and answer my question.

Comment

Asylum isn't designed to protect you from your parents, nor violence in general. That said, asylum has been stretched to cover situations in which your government refuses to protect you from unlawful violence. This forum is a good resource for most immigration matters, but not for asylum. I personally don't know any good web forums for asylum. In any case, asylum is not a do-it-yourself matter. You need an army of legal professionals to advocate on your behalf against US government officers who are naturally skeptical of any such claims. You should find yourself a non-profit community organization that specializes in providing free or sliding-scale legal aid to asylum seekers

They will give you an honest assessment of your situation. If your asylum case is weak, you are better off just overstaying your visa until something better comes along (ie marriage to a US citizen)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X