i don’t know what to do i601a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i don’t know what to do i601a

I’m kind of at a loss here and don’t know where to go... to make a very long story short, my bf (we are not married) in in the US on an asylum. He unlawfully crossed the border in August 2016. We have been together since March 2017.. so we have pretty much been together from the start. He is Indian from Punjab, I use to go to gas station down from my house every day. That is how we meet. After a few months he finally asked me to be with him, his English wasn’t so good but it was enough for us to get by. Age never really came up with us in the first 8 months or so. Well now we are here over two years later, communication is way better, he no longer works at the gas station, we have started our own business, live together, and his court date is arriving for his asylum in December 2020. We have spoke of marriage but he is afraid that our age gap will not look good. He is currently 29 and I am 47. I told him if we marry, talk to his lawyer about a I601a waiver we may have a chance. We are currently about 200k in mortgage debt, plus the owner operator trucking company we have started. His lawyer is advising him to marry a citizen which I feel should be me since we have created this life together. We share a name on loans, savings account, business and mortgage but we do not share a checking account nor do we share health insurance. I think we can qualify for the extreme hardship if he is deported but he’s afraid because I am white, much older and married twice before ( non immigrant marriages, he’s my first real relationship with a foreigner) that we will be denied and he will be deported. He refuses to let me speak to the lawyer about any of this. I feel that his asylum case is not strong enough and he will be denied and that this I601a waiver is our best chance. I don't think I can afford another lawyer to discuss my side of this or discuss my concerns and his lawyer will not speak to me without his permission. I would appreciate your opinion or accept any advise on who to speak to about this. Can you please help?

I would suggest if you guys love each other please get married and file 601 it will be easy for you, good luck on this journey

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X