Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asylum decision- What is Estimated Response time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum decision- What is Estimated Response time?

Hi, How much time it takes usually to have reply of Asylum application after interview, especially once someone with a family and in status? its been 6 weeks since i have been interviewed but no response yet. can someone else share his experience who has been interviewed in August last week?

thanks Khar

Originally posted by Khar View Post
    Hi, How much time it takes usually to have reply of Asylum application after interview, especially once someone with a family and in status? its been 6 weeks since i have been interviewed but no response yet. can someone else share his experience who has been interviewed in August last week?

thanks Khar
    I am in the same situation and this is my 5th week after the interview, it seems like the people like us in status and with their family here is the last priority and have to wait longer. I have been in other forums and there are cases of people that have been waiting for ten month, however we can apply to EAD after the day 151. But I don't know if all family or just the petitioner. Do you know?

Comment

Are you talking about decision from an USCIS officer or from a judge? Anyway it is not about you are legal or not; it is about how the case goes! Sometimes if USCIS is not convinced enough, the case will take longer because it will go from officer to officer and investigations to investigations before any decision! I have seen case from 2 weeks decision to 11 years so far (approval or denial). Good luck to you both. Just wait and pray. The only thing I suggest you can request an infopass at your local office if your case is out of processing time. Hope that will help you.
      Last edited by freecontributor; 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hjjezg View Post
        I am in the same situation and this is my 5th week after the interview, it seems like the people like us in status and with their family here is the last priority and have to wait longer. I have been in other forums and there are cases of people that have been waiting for ten month, however we can apply to EAD after the day 151. But I don't know if all family or just the petitioner. Do you know?
        The petitioner and all the family members included in the application can apply for the work permit or EAD after 151 days or I believe 180 days. Check the number of days before you apply. Because if you apply even a day before the number of days, USCIS will deny it, and of course, you can reapply with no guarantee of getting the EAD or if you are lucky it will take forever. So be careful! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Khar View Post

thanks Khar
          Usually it takes 2 weeks after interview to get a decision. Recently seen a case from Arlington, Virginia. I have seen Asylum cases from 2 weeks decision to 11 years so far ( approval or denial)!Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X