• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alcia

i have question related to this topic please and thank you
    Originally posted by Alicia600 View Post
    Hi Ghost,

Once you get married, your US citizen spouse can file I-130 for you. Then you bring the I-130 receipt to the court and give to the judge when you go for your next court hearing. The judge will put your asylum case on hold and wait for the I-130 to be approved. Once the I-130 is approved, then you can file I-485 with the judge. Remember you are in removing proceeding, so you can't file I-130 and I-485 simultaneously. It's kind of tricky to navigate the water.

Send me a privat message, give me your email address. I had a similar situation before. I tried to send you a privat message, but it didn't go thru. Good luck to you!

Alicia

Comment

Hi, can i have please contact of those organizations, [email protected]

Originally posted by Alicia600 View Post
      Hi Studentatl,

Some organizations provide free lagal services or only charge a nominal fee. Search online to find this kind of organizations. Another way to find them is to ask a court clerk at the reception desk, they will give you a list. But since you are going to get married to a US citizen, I am assuming your girlfriend has a job and income (in order to sponsor you to apply for a green card, she has to meet income criteria). The best way is that your wife pays for the leagal service fee, which also will demonstrate this is a bona fide marriage. I know it's going to be hard for you as a man, but if your girl friend really loves you, she will help you.

Good luck to you!
      Hi, i have similar situation, but my fiancee is GreenCard holder, not citizen, and I came 5 years ago as a student J-1 visa, i`ve been deported cause my visa was expired, and after i applied to political asylum. So right now my final court scheduled for 2018, and my fiancee Citizenship going to be in 2018 also, i talked to my laywer and he wants to write a petition, i was wondering whats the chances??? We also have a 6 month old child...

Comment

political asylum and marriage petition

Originally posted by Fidora
        Your case is difficult one. What country? Also, did the J1 have a 2 year home requirement?

The problem is you let a visa expire then you were in the process of deportation. These are the things you have to overcome.

From the outside it looks like you didn't adhere to the J1 visa by keeping it active or leaving when it expired. So instead you are using asylum to prevent from leaving. Now it looks like you are trying to get married as a way to stay also.

Here is the thing, asylum is often abused and USCIS has been very strict on approving cases. No one can tell you your chances because we don't know the whole story. But from what you have shared it looks like you are trying to play the system.

Good luck.
        I understand that, but we have family now , newborn child, plans, future, what should we do the best on this case? Im from Kazakhstan, nationality Russian

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X