Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Advance Parole for TPS holders

Good day,

In light of the memo from the Biden administration on 07/01/2022 regarding a new advance parole document for TPS card holders (https://immigrationforum.org/article...ment-of-status), I would like to know more information about the possible dangers of using this document to reenter the US. For reference I am a Somali national. I would need a Somali passport to travel to any other country outside the US that would accept our passport. If i travel to Mexico using a Somali passport and attempt to reenter the US with this advance parole document, would that put my TPS status in limbo? I am referring to using a Somali passport for travel not the TPS travel document itself. I am on the limb on going through with filing for this travel document. Any suggestions would help!

Cheers

Yes, you would travel on your Somali passport, and return to the US on your Somali passport and TPS travel authorization. Why do you think that would affect your TPS? The whole point of the TPS travel authorization is to allow you to return to the US and resume TPS status after travel abroad.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      Yes, you would travel on your Somali passport, and return to the US on your Somali passport and TPS travel authorization. Why do you think that would affect your TPS? The whole point of the TPS travel authorization is to allow you to return to the US and resume TPS status after travel abroad.
      Thank you for clarifying.

What if I have a removal order? I believe my TPS status has rendered it inactive. If I leave and return, can they refuse me entry?
      Last edited by so2022; 09-08-2022, 10:12 PM.

Comment

I believe that if you have a TPS travel authorization, they have to let you back in to TPS, unless you have an inadmissibility that makes you ineligible for TPS.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X