Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum Derivative (Follow To Join) document issue after Admitted to USA

Hi,

I'm a lawful permanent resident of the United States through Asylum, and I applied for form I-730 for my spouse and my stepson several years ago, and USCIS approved it on 2020. Then, this case was sent to NVC for an overseas interview, and finally, my family joined me in the US on May 25th, 2022, as approved asylum derivatives (Follow To Join). According to the law, asylum derivatives have employment authorization as of their administration to the country. Still, my wife is experiencing a very, very hard time proving her Work Authorization. Her passport has a stamp that says {"Employment Authorized" under section Section 207 (C) (2)} but CBP didn't give her anything else. We took her existing document to a social security office, and they couldn't verify her Employment Authorization in their system, so they gave her a social security card that said "Not Valid For Employment," but it's not true because she has Employment Authorization. We also tried to get her a texas ID and applied for an ID with DPS, but that one has been processed by SAVE/USCIS verification for almost four months. We followed up with them several times, and we didn't get any straight answer, neither SAVE nor DPS. We filled out Form I-765 (for EAD) when my family went for an Interview at the Embassy of Yerevan. It seems they had it in their "FOIL package", and they handed it to the border officer, but we don't know what happened to that form because I talked with USCIS, and they couldn't find any sign of that form in their system. Also, when I'm trying to download my family's I-94 online, it doesn't find any information. We are in a very, very confusing situation. My wife has already lost a few job offers due to a lack of documents, and it's been very frustrating for our family to deal with these complicated processes. I've already followed up with DHS, NVC, CBP field office at airport, and requested USCIS for an appointment to see what we need to do. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on this case.

I was thinking about applying for I-765 form again but I'm not sure if that's the correct action in this case.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X