Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dv lottery interview

Hello!
    I am an international student (F1 visa) and I have been selected for DV lottery 2011. I temporary live and study in the U.S. My interview is coming soon. And everything looks quite normal except one thing: to support myself I have to work in a restaurant as a waitress (40 hours/ week) which is illegal .
    Do I still have chances to get my green card and what would be the most reasonable excuse if the officer asked me about my work.
    Thank you

What is a DV Lottery?

Originally posted by Verun View Post
    Hello!
    I am an international student (F1 visa) and I have been selected for DV lottery 2011. I temporary live and study in the U.S. My interview is coming soon. And everything looks quite normal except one thing: to support myself I have to work in a restaurant as a waitress (40 hours/ week) which is illegal .
    Do I still have chances to get my green card and what would be the most reasonable excuse if the officer asked me about my work.
    Thank you

Comment

Hello!
      Thank you
      I have seen people who were here as student that adjusted through DV lottery with no problem. Don't worry! Just relax and be calm! They will understand that you have to work to support yourself! The key is: telling the truth about each question when you respond. Lying to immigration officer would not be any good! Good luck and share your experience with us, please!

Comment

Hello!
        Thank you
        I'm currently under this case too. Please share your experience or any info about this.

Thanks

Comment

Hello!
          Thank you
          i don't think you should admit to be doing illegal activities!? unless u was paying taxes and it is traceable. many people do "under the table work" and get through. u can get denial because u worked without authorization from USCIS. be very careful. USCIS will only see that u showed them proof that u was able to financially able to take care of urself and that agreed to go back to ur country once ur studies finished. saying anything to contraindict this it will only result in bad outcome

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X