Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musician currently living in Canada

Hi,

I live in Vancouver since 4 years, I'm resident permanent here, (french citizen),but I'm not happy for many reasons and I would like to move to USA asap.
    I'm 45 yrs old, I am musician, multi instrumentalist, bass player is my main instrument.
    I have already released 2 LP with a label.
    I know, it's not a big thing.
    And I'm working currently in a different area than music.
    I'm sure US will be the best option to me, regarding my music.

What would be the best way for me, to have a Visa for the USA ?

Thank you very much for your help

Teddy

Alas, unless you have "extraordinary ability" (that is you've already proven yourself to be a skilled performer), there's no visa you can apply for that will let you come to the US on an immigrant basis. Even visas for public performance (P-1, P-3) require you to have demonstrated some level of prior success. If you just wish to come to speak to agents/producers/record companies, with no work or public performance, you can enter without a visa on your Canadian status for temporary (less than six months) periods.

Comment

Ok thank you for your help.
      I would like to move definitely to USA, because as I already said, I'm not really happy here in Canada.

Comment

Not being happy in Canada doesn't qualify you for immigration into the US, even if you were Canadian.

Comment

Hi,
          I am wondering to hear that you are not happy in this country. I recently immigrate here and now I have a dream house and design each part of my house beautifully. I have spent a lot of money on my bakehouse and lawn. Now I am happy to be here. May I know why you do not happy in this country?
          Last edited by smithshawn; 04-29-2022, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Canada doesn't qualify you for immigration into the US
            downloadhub
            Last edited by Rishu903; 08-10-2022, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by smithshawn View Post
              Hi,
              I am wondering to hear that you are not happy in this country. I recently immigrate here and now I have a dream house and design each part of my house beautifully. I have spent a lot of money on my bakehouse and lawn. Now I am happy to be here. May I know why you do not happy in this country?
              I think you are just lucky

Comment

Originally posted by flyingron View Post
                Alas, unless you have "extraordinary ability" (that is you've already proven yourself to be a skilled performer), there's no visa you can apply for that will let you come to the US on an immigrant basis. Even visas for public performance (P-1, P-3) require you to have demonstrated some level of prior success. If you just wish to come to speak to agents/producers/record companies, with no work or public performance, you can enter without a visa on your Canadian status for temporary (less than six months) periods.
                I agree @flyingron ​Said here.

But can I ask what the reason why you are not happy in Canada anymore?
                Last edited by james564; 02-02-2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

It's awesome that you've been rockin' it in Vancouver for the past four years as a permanent resident. But if you're feeling the itch for a change and believe the US is where your musical dreams can thrive, let's explore your options! Given your experience as a talented multi-instrumentalist with two LP releases under your belt, you might consider looking into the O-1 visa, which is designed for individuals with extraordinary ability in their field, including music. It's worth researching the specific requirements and seeking guidance from an immigration expert to help navigate the process smoothly.

Comment

Consider exploring O-1 or P-1 visas for musicians, showcasing your achievements and recognition in the industry. Alternatively, investigate EB-1A or EB-2 with NIW for a green card option based on your extraordinary ability or national interest in your field. Consulting an immigration lawyer is advisable for personalized guidance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X