• B in Lieu of H, 9 Fam 41.31 n11

What does this annotation mean:

B in Lieu of H, 9 Fam 41.31 n11

Also, Expiry date shows 15FEB2013 BUT on the annotation, it shows my:

ABC COMPANY NAME
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    DECEMBER 2012 THRU JANUARY 2013

Help please... Thank you!

Read the same under page 18 - 9 FAM 41.31 N11 ALIENS NORMALLY CLASSIFIABLE H-1 OR H-3. One thing, in my opinion is that under such category you may not be eligible to get a SSN and also should not get paid any salary, you should get only per diem from the non US entity.Also , the I-94 that is given at POE may only be valid till Jan 2013.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Read the same under page 18 - 9 FAM 41.31 N11 ALIENS NORMALLY CLASSIFIABLE H-1 OR H-3. One thing, in my opinion is that under such category you may not be eligible to get a SSN and also should not get paid any salary, you should get only per diem from the non US entity.Also , the I-94 that is given at POE may only be valid till Jan 2013.

Thank u for the reply.. I am not looking to get an ssn. I want to know if my visa means i can only go to the city and state on the annotation or can i get a local flight and visit new jersey, for example

Comment

You can travel within US on this visa I dont see any issues with that.

Comment

I have the same case, my training will be on April 2013 but my visa will expire on Feb 2013, however there's an annotation specified April 2013, is it still valid if i enter US on April 2013?

Is there anyone who has the same case?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X